Children's DentistryIt is important that even the youngest of patients start visiting the dental office when their first tooth appears or before their first birthday as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. There are a few reasons for this.
First, it introduces the children to the dental office early on so that they understand that they are in a safe environment, the surroundings become familiar, and a routine is established. Children that are introduced to the dentist at a younger age are often less fearful of the dentist and find it a fun and exciting environment rather than a scary one.
Second, we use this time to show children the equipment we have, the brush we use to brush their teeth, and to allow them to get familiar with Dr. Luu and the rest of the staff at Gentle Care Dentistry. This also gives toddlers and older children a chance to ask questions about the office and feel comfortable with their parents around. We also let children take home a fun toy on the way out as a reward for a job well done!
Third, early pediatric dental appointments are a great time to go over oral hygiene instructions for both the child and the parent. Teaching children at a young age how to properly use a toothbrush and floss their teeth will improve their chances of following through with their ever-important dental health.
Dr. Luu of Gentle Care Dentistry of San Gabriel Valley understands the concerns that parents may have about their child's treatment. Learning what to look for in a child's teeth and gums can help prevent early childhood caries and other problems such as those that may result during teething. Pacifiers and thumb sucking can affect the development of a child's teeth, and Dr. Luu and her staff would discuss in more depth the consequences of use of these appliances. Learning the best way to protect your child's primary and permanent teeth can result in a more beautiful, healthy smile over time.
Dr. Luu has several years of experience working primarily with children, and understands the importance of providing a safe and comforting atmosphere for children of all ages. Even older children may have a fear of the dentist, but Dr. Luu has the ability to relax and calm individuals in order to help with their dental health concerns.
Dr. Luu is proud to offer dental services to even the youngest of patients, and encourages parents to bring their children in before their first birthday for an initial checkup and to help familiarize them with the dental environment and staff at our Gentle Care Dentistry of San Gabriel Valley. Parents are educated about how to care for their children's teeth at all stages, and are encouraged to help them maintain good oral health habits at home every day.
Gentle Care Dentistry of San Gabriel Valley is committed to providing dental services for patients of all ages, from the youngest family member to the oldest grandparent. Call us today to schedule a consultation appointment and familiarize yourself with Dr. Luu and her helpful, friendly staff!
Contact us for more information: +1 626-466-9596
- Pediatric dentist serving areas near Azusa CA offers excellent kids dental care!
- Glendora area parents who are seeking a dentist for children should visit our practice
- Children’s dentist in Azusa describes the best ways to reduce dental fears for younger patients
- Why parents in Azusa can benefit from bringing their children to a pediatric dentist
- What is the cost of children’s dental procedures in the Azusa area?
- One of the best children’s dental clinics in Azusa offers services for the younger generation
- Azusa area practice offers general dentistry for kids
- What can parents expect when taking children to the dentist in the Rosemead area?
- Benefits of visiting a Children’s Dentist in the Azusa area
- Why Rosemead area parents should seek a Kid’s Dentist for their children
- Why visit a Kid’s Dentist in the Duarte area
- Preventive dentistry for children in Azusa
- Your kids first pediatric dentistry visit in Azusa