Mercury Safe DentistryWithin the field of dentistry, there has been a long history of debate over the use of dental amalgam. This substance, used for many decades for the repair of cavities, contains mercury, a known neurotoxin. Mercury is, in fact, a naturally-occurring poisonous substance. A member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), Dr. Brianne Luu operates from the standpoint that there is no such thing as a "safe level" of mercury exposure. Any exposure to this substance can harm the body, which is why mercury has been eliminated from various consumer products. Why, then, would mercury in dental fillings seem safe?
Our team has chosen to work in dental care because healthy smiles are important to us. We believe that our patients are deserving of the highest standard of care we can provide. In our Azusa dental office, we repair cavities using mercury-free composite filling material, rather than dental amalgam. We also work with patients who have existing amalgam fillings they would like removed.
Dr. Luu adheres to the strict protocol designated by the IAOMT for the removal of amalgam fillings. In this way, we protect the health of our patients, ourselves, and the environment. The steps used for filling removal include:
- Providing the patient with an alternative source of air via a comfortable nasal mask.
- A rubber dam is placed to prevent small particles of mercury from reaching other parts of the mouth.
- High speed suction runs continuously around the tooth to remove tiny mercury particulates from the mouth.
- Fillings are removed in larger pieces, rather than drilled out, minimizing mercury vapors in the air.
- The treatment room contains a high-powered air filtration system that effectively removes mercury vapor.
- Following the removal of fillings, the mouth is rinsed with a special solution that binds to mercury particles, safely cleansing the mouth.
If you would like to rid your smile of dark spots, and guard your health by removing mercury fillings, call Dr. Luu of Gentle Care Dentistry in San Gabriel Valley today and learn more about the benefits of a mercury safe dental practice.
Contact us for more information: +1 626-466-9596
- Is it safe to remove mercury fillings?
- Patients seek a mercury safe dentist in the San Gabriel Valley who provides affordable treatments
- Best clinic in Azusa area for mercury free dental care
- What is the cost for Azusa area patients to remove mercury fillings?
- What are the benefits of visiting a mercury free dentist in the Azusa area?
- Glendora area patients ask about safe tooth restoration without metal fillings
- Options for Mercury Free Fillings Azusa