We want our patients to look and feel their best. A healthy and pleasing smile can be an asset for life. At Gentle Care Dentistry, Dr. Brianne Luu and her professional, friendly staff involve our patients in decisions about their oral health concerns. Using only the safest materials and gentle techniques, we provide many options for patients who want to enhance their smiles.
Actual Patient Reviews
Dental bonding is a safe and affordable solution for patients who want to correct imperfections in their teeth. Chipped, cracked, discolored, or decaying teeth can be bonded with a natural looking resin. The procedure can change the shape of teeth and fill in gaps. For patients who experience receding gums, dental bonding can protect the exposed root. Dr. Luu also offers the technique as an option for filling cavities.
What are the benefits of dental bonding?
As a simple and inexpensive cosmetic solution to brighten and straighten your smile, dental bonding is a popular procedure for many reasons:
- Minimal discomfort
- Quick and effective, the treatment takes up to one hour
- Material color is matched to your teeth
- Bonding is stain resistant
- Works best on teeth in low bite pressure areas such as front teeth
- Dental bonding can last from three to ten years and can easily be touched up or replaced
How are bonds applied?
- Dr. Luu works with patients to select the best shade to match or enhance the color of their teeth
- Teeth will be prepped for the procedure with a light sanding which removes minimal enamel
- A conditioning solution is used to adhere the bonding to the tooth or teeth
- The material is shaped and smoothed to create a natural-looking smile
- The bonding material is hardened using light technology
- Dr. Luu will shape a final time and polish the dental bonding
Caring for bonded teeth
- As with natural teeth, good oral hygiene is the most important follow up care
- Regular dental visits and cleanings
- Bonding material can chip so it is best to avoid chewing on hard substances like ice, or biting fingernails.
Dr. Luu believes in working with our patients to determine the best solutions for their unique needs and achieving their goals with minimal discomfort and optimal results. For more information, contact Gentle Care Dentistry at +1 626-466-9596