Dental Care for Kids at Gentle Care Dentistry
When it comes to dental care for kids, parents have a lot of decisions to make. Which toothpaste should they use? How often should they brush their teeth? How do they know if their child is getting enough fluoride? To help answer these questions, Dr. Brianne Luu of Gentle Care Dentistry in Azusa, California, has created a set of guidelines for pediatric dental care. Many of her recommendations align with the American Dental Association or the ADA.
Dr. Brianne Luu and the ADA recommend that parents:
- Brush their children’s teeth twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste. Toothpaste is an important part of pediatric dental care. The ADA recommends using toothpaste that contains fluoride because it helps protect teeth from cavities. Parents should brush their children’s teeth for two minutes, using a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Floss their children’s teeth once a day. Flossing is also important for kids’ dental health. The ADA recommends flossing once a day to remove plaque and bacteria between the teeth.
- Take their children to the dentist every six months. Regular dentist visits are another crucial part of pediatric dental care. The ADA recommends that parents take their children to the dentist every six months for a check-up and cleaning. This helps ensure that kids’ teeth are healthy and free of cavities.
- Provide their children with a nutritious diet. Sugars and carbs can become acidic and remain on the surfaces of the teeth, causing cavities. It is best to provide children with healthy foods low in sugars, staying away from sweets daily.
- Visit the dentist when issues arise. If your child is complaining of a toothache or the gums are becoming red and inflamed, it may be time to make an appointment with the dentist, even if your child’s regular visit is months away. Early intervention with many dental problems can ensure faster and less expensive restoration.
Find a Pediatric Dentist “Near Me” Available to Provide Solutions for Kids’ Smiles
If you have questions about dental care for your kids, be sure to talk to Dr. Brianne Luu of Gentle Care Dentistry in Azusa, CA. She can help you create a dental care plan that’s right for your child and their unique needs. Call +1 626-466-9596 to request a visit at 232 North Azusa Avenue.
Share this Article
Back to Children's Dentistry Page