Azusa, CA dentist explains the way that quality dental care services can positively affect health
Excellent oral health is crucial to your total systemic health. Every year, more studies come out linking the health and appearance of your smile to physical and emotional health issues. Because of this, Dr. Brianne Luu, of Gentle Care Dentistry, located in Azusa, CA has dedicated her practice to providing patients comfortable, gentle, and affordable dental care services. We want everyone to have the healthy, gorgeous smile that they deserve!
The link between oral health and optimal physical and emotional health:
Over the last few years, quite a few studies have shown definitive links between the health of your gums and physical disorders. Studies have linked diabetes, heart disease, strokes, lung diseases, and cancers with the state of your gums. Diabetics have a significantly higher chance of developing gum disease. The disease then affects their blood sugar levels, worsening them. Gum disease has been shown in multiple studies to increase the chance of developing heart disease or worsening an existing heart condition. One study highlighted the relationship between those diagnosed with acute cerebrovascular ischemia and gum infections. Further research shows that we can, in fact, inhale the bacteria in our mouth, lodging it into our lungs. This increases a chance of pneumonia or other lung conditions. Other studies have hinted at a relationship between premature or low birth weight babies and the presence of gum infections, a link between osteoporosis and oral health, the impact of gum disease treatment on rheumatoid arthritis pain, and two studies link obesity to gum disease. With all the mounting evidence, we believe that providing quality dental care is even more important than most people realize!
You may wonder what your smile has to do with your emotional health. It’s simple. Studies have shown a clear connection between positive first impressions and the appearance of your smile. Positive first impressions are one of the things that gets us jobs, second dates, and influences others’ treatment of us. If we feel self-conscious of our smile or our smile is negatively impacting others point of view of us, it can leave us with a lower sense of self-worth. It’s been shown that cosmetic dental treatments or smile makeovers often lead to increased confidence. Many people report that they approach the world in a whole new way!
Some of the ways Gentle Care Dentistry can help you!
- Patient education: We are dedicated to prevention through education. We love helping patients of all ages, from the very youngest to the very oldest learn the best ways to care for their teeth and gums. We are so committed that we ensure patients take home the products that we feel will best help them maintain optimal oral health.
- Dentist’s education and experience: Dr. Luu has extensive knowledge of gum disease and the multiple ways dental problems can affect your entire life. She expertly and gently guides patients through dental issues and provides them with solutions and treatments that really work long-term.
- Affordable: We believe in all our patients achieving optimal oral and systemic health. Because of this, we accept almost all insurance plans, CareCredit and offer an in-house financing system that allows our patients to get the care they need at the priority level they need it, in a way that leaves them able to afford a beautiful and healthy smile.
- Gentle dentistry: We gear all treatments towards a gentle touch. We are experienced at helping patients of all ages through dental anxiety. We are here for you.
- Extensive dental services: We believe in providing you with a large array of services, so you can get the care you need without referral to other offices.
Call us today to schedule your individualized consultation. Don’t let fear of the dentist, anxiety over dental care cost, or shame at the state of your smile hold you back! Begin your path to the beautiful and healthy smile you deserve! +1 626-466-9596.