Gentle Tooth Extraction Services at Gentle Care Dentistry
Dental extractions are a common dental procedure. A dental extraction is when a dentist removes a tooth from your mouth. Dr. Brianne Luu is an emergency dentist in the Azusa, California community who proudly offers tooth extraction services for new and returning patients to her practice, Gentle Care Dentistry.
Why do I Need a Tooth Extracted?
There are several reasons why you may need a dental extraction:
- If a tooth is severely decayed and can’t be saved with a dental filling
- If a tooth has had root canal therapy (endodontic therapy) that has failed and cannot be repaired
- If the tooth has been damaged by an injury or trauma to the mouth
- If a patient has few remaining healthy teeth left but is choosing to move forward with full dentures to replace the entire arch of teeth
- To make room for other teeth to be moved into place, as is often done before undergoing orthodontic treatment for overcrowding
- To remove wisdom teeth, which are usually done because they can cause problems like pain, infection, and crowding of other teeth
What Can I Expect from My Tooth Extraction Procedure?
The procedure for a dental extraction can vary, depending on the reason for the extraction. In some cases, the dentist will use special tools to loosen the tooth and then pull it out. This is typically known as a “simple extraction.” In other cases, they may cut open the gum tissue to reach an inaccessible tooth to remove it. This is known as a “surgical extraction.” Both types of extractions are available through Dr. Brianne Luu and her team.
Does Tooth Extraction Hurt?
Dr. Brianne Luu ensures that she uses both local anesthetic and sedation appropriate for the patient before performing the procedure for optimum comfort and to reduce anxiety in patients.
Call Your Dentist “Near Me” in Azusa, CA, to Book an Appointment
If you believe you would benefit from removing natural teeth, it may be time to talk to a dentist about your dental extraction needs. Call Dr. Brianne Luu at +1 626-466-9596 to request an appointment at the office located in Azusa at 232 North Azusa Avenue.Back to Tooth Extractions Page