Azusa dentist offers gentle gum disease treatment for patients
If you are afraid that you have gum disease, you’re also probably very nervous about what treatment it will involve. At Gentle Care Dentistry, located in Azusa, CA, we are committed to providing each patient with gentle and compassionate care to obtain and maintain great oral health for your lifetime. Dr. Luu believes gum disease treatment includes education on at-home care to help enhance and prolong any treatment performed.
Signs you may have gum disease:
- Bleeding while brushing: If your gums bleed while brushing, this is not normal! Often this is the first noticeable sign of early stage gum disease (also called gingivitis).
- Puffy and swollen gums: If your gums feel swollen to you or look swollen, this is also a sign of gum disease.
- Receding gums: If your teeth suddenly look like they are becoming longer, your gums are receding and exposing more tooth area.
- For gingivitis, a thorough, routine dental cleaning often can halt your gum disease in its tracks.
- Scaling & root planing: For more advanced gum disease, this treatment involves cleaning below the gum line to clear out all the accumulated tartar. We also use this opportunity to smooth out the exposed tooth to ensure tartar has a harder time accumulating back on the teeth.
We commit ourselves to helping you keep your mouth healthy and to prevent problems before they begin. We will thoroughly explain to you exactly how to care for your teeth and gums post gum disease treatment. The most important thing is a great oral hygiene routine. This involves brushing twice a day, flossing at least once a day, and potentially using an antiseptic rinse. If great post-procedure care is taken, your gum disease should halt its progression and your gums will return to a firm and pink state again.
Gum disease that isn’t halted has serious health ramifications. Call us today to get started on a healthy smile! +1 626-466-9596.Back to Gum Disease Page