Covina, CA residents receive quality orthodontic treatment from orthodontist
Do you desire to smile in a selfie and see a straight and beautiful teeth? Are you worried your child’s teeth are coming in crooked? Gentle Care Dentistry, serving Covina, CA residents’ family and cosmetic dentistry needs, is proud to serve patients’ need for healthy and beautiful smiles. That’s why we offer orthodontist services for both children and adults. Whether your smile just needs a minor adjustment, or your child needs early orthodontic intervention, Dr. Brianne Luu is here for you.
Definition of orthodontic care:
This is a specialty branch of dentistry that deals with the growth and development of orofacial structures. This can include teeth alignment, facial structure problems and malocclusion. Malocclusion refers to problems in the pattern the upper and lower teeth fit together for biting and chewing purposes. It can also be called a crossbite, overbite, underbite or irregular bite depending on the exact nature of malocclusion present.
What causes malocclusion?
Often, people inherit their orthodontic problems. However, sometimes, they can be acquired. Genetics may cause a person to have too many or too few teeth, an irregular jaw size, gaps between the teeth or crowding of the teeth. It can be caused by habits, such as thumb sucking, or early loss of teeth due to accidental injuries.
How is malocclusion corrected?
Misaligned teeth and jaws have solutions. Over the last few decades, dentistry innovations have allowed a few different orthodontic options to be available to correct everything from mild to severe alignment issues
Types of braces Gentle Care Dentistry offers:
- Traditional braces: These consist of metal brackets that are adhered with dental cement onto your teeth. The brackets are then connected with wire. The wire and brackets are tightened at specific intervals so that the pressure can gradually align your jaw and teeth. Traditional braces are the best option for people suffering from more severe orthodontic issues. They are also still the best option for children younger than upper adolescent age.
- Invisible braces: These are made of clear, smooth, comfortable plastic trays. They’re custom-fitted to your teeth and specific alignment issues. They must be worn 22 hours a day, meaning they are removable for activities such as eating and your oral hygiene routine. You will wear new trays every two weeks as your teeth move into the desired alignment. This option is best for mild to moderate alignment issues and not recommended for children due to the removable, fragile nature of them.
- Phase I Orthodontia: Dr. Luu has years of experience treating children in a gentle, caring, and friendly manner. Because of her extensive experience, she can spot it early when a child’s mouth or teeth development is experiencing issues. If it is determined that orthodontic assistance is required, an appliance is placed that helps the jaw or palate expand. This allows new teeth coming in the room to grow. It often reduces any future orthodontic care that your child may require as they age.
Reasons Gentle Care Dentistry is the place to meet your orthodontic needs:
- Individualized care: Every mouth is different, and everyone’s lifestyle, circumstances and needs differ. Because of this, we have no clear preference as to an orthodontic system. Our goal is to provide you with the best option for your specific needs. Because this is our focus, we always take the time to consult with you, discuss your options, answer questions, and formulate an individualized treatment plan.
- Gentle care: Dr. Luu has dedicated her practice to providing patients gentle and effective care. This is the place for you if you suffer any level of dental anxiety, as we purposefully design your care around working with anxiety.
- Financing: Everyone deserves the opportunity to receive quality dental care. Not only do we accept most insurance plans and CareCredit, we also offer an in-house financing option. The financing option exists even for those with insurance plans to ensure that their annual benefits are maximized.
Get started today on your beautiful, straight smile! Call us now to set up your individualized consultation to determine the best treatment path for you. +1 626-466-9596.