Azusa, CA dentist provides patients with more than one orthodontic treatment option!
Years ago, if you wanted a straight smile, there was a lot of metal involved! Many of us know the terms for those wearing braces, “metal mouth” and “tin grin” being two of them. However, the field of orthodontics has come a long way in the last couple of decades. There are now multiple solutions out there for those seeking to straighten their smiles. Gentle Care Dentistry, located in Azusa, CA, is proud to offer multiple orthodontics solutions to give you a smile you’ll love!
Why orthodontic solutions are needed:
Many believe that straightening teeth is mainly for cosmetic effect. While it is true that there is a definite benefit in making first impressions and your self-esteem to have a straight smile, there are also legitimate oral health benefits as well. Straightening the alignment of the teeth offers the following advantages:
- Significantly reduces the risk of gum disease and tooth decay. This is because it’s much easier to clean along the gum line and in between teeth when teeth are in alignment.
- Minimizes the risk of chips and breaks. Some people’s teeth are misaligned to the point that over time, the friction of teeth that are crowded too close together can cause chips and fractures in teeth.
- Reduces jaw, neck, and face pain: Misaligned bites can cause undue stress and tension to the jaw structure. This can lead to significant pain, from migraine headaches to jaw aches.
- Restored oral function: Some misalignment can prevent proper speaking or chewing.
Some types of orthodontic solutions that Gentle Care Dentistry offers:
- Phase I orthodontia: This orthodontic care is specifically to meet the needs of children. Dr. Luu is highly experienced at monitoring the development of a child’s palate and jaw to determine if early orthodontic intervention is necessary. If she determines it is, Phase I uses an appliance that assists in jaw expansion. This will decrease crowding.
- Traditional braces: These are the braces that you are accustomed to seeing. Using brackets and metal wires, teeth are aligned into a correct and straight position. Sometimes, this is still the optimal solution for some individuals’ specific misalignment.
- Invisalign: This clear alignment system is perfect for teens and adults with mild to moderate misalignment issues. The system uses clear, comfortable, removable aligner trays to shift teeth into the desired location in a discreet way.
- Six Month Smiles: This fast solution uses clear or tooth colored brackets and wires to straighten teeth. Most treatments work to move teeth to the appropriate alignment within four to six months. Monthly visits are required to monitor the progress and effectiveness of treatment.
Why Gentle Care Dentistry is the place for you:
- We place the patient at the center: We believe you are an integral part of the treatment process. This means we take our time talking with you to determine the best path to meet your treatment goals, lifestyle, and budget. We also do a thorough examination of your teeth to ensure that any treatment will work for your specific needs. This allows us to recommend solutions that really work!
- Free consultation: Come in to get to know us! See our offices, speak with the staff and Dr. Luu. There is no cost for the initial consultation, as we want you to feel comfortable and confident in any decision you make.
- Our experience: Dr. Luu continually expands the depth of her knowledge through ongoing education classes. She expertly blends “tried and true” with innovative techniques and equipment.
- The gentle touch: We want each patient to feel comfortable and at ease during every stage of their visit with us. This commitment begins with the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of our front desk, to Dr. Luu’sspecific style of dentistry all the way to the expert help we provide you with determining how to maximize your insurance benefits and figuring out the financial side of things.
Don’t delay another day! Begin the path to a perfect smile. We can’t wait to meet you and guide you through the journey. Call today to schedule your no-cost consultation, +1 626-466-9596