A different kind of dental care – wellness-focused services available near West Covina CA
Gentle Care Dentistry is conveniently located in Azusa, CA, serving West Covina, Glendora, and other communities near our practice. Dr. Brianne Luu and her team offer a wide variety of preventive, cosmetic, and restorative services – all of which are designed for your optimal health and wellbeing.
Demystifying the mouth-body connection
Something what goes in your mouth should be compatible with what goes into your body. It may seem like a simple concept, yet it has been largely ignored through the history of dentistry. Today, there is increasing awareness of the connection between whole health and oral health, as well as the importance of dental materials. While these ideas are just beginning to take hold in the dental community as a whole, they have been the foundation of biocompatible dentistry for many years.
The mouth-body connection goes beyond the potential implications of dental materials. There is also a strong association between oral disease and systemic disease. The evidence of this association is accumulating with ongoing scientific research. Some of the connections that have already been well established include:
- Gum disease is a risk factor for stroke, diabetes, respiratory disease, heart disease, low birth weights, and premature births.
- Oral health problems in children have been linked to poor school performance, attention deficits, and dietary and sleep issues.
- In older adults, oral health problems may contribute to mobility reduction or disability.
- Uncontrolled diabetes can increase the risk of periodontal disease. Similarly, uncontrolled periodontal disease can make diabetes more difficult to manage.
Introducing wellness focused dentistry
Biological dentistry is not a sub-specialty. It is a philosophy, which we apply to every aspect of our practice. It involves always seeking the healthiest, safest, most natural solution to any dental concern, and always considering the impact that any disease or treatment may have on your whole health.
Our unique approach to dentistry includes:
- Avoidance of toxins – Our office does not use mercury. Additionally, we carefully select all products and materials, choosing the healthiest possible option for our patients.
- Biocompatible materials – Even a nontoxic substance might nor be safe for everyone. We are mindful of potential allergies and other adverse reactions.
- Wellness focused – Our ultimate goal is not simply to restore your teeth, but also help you enjoy overall health and optimal quality of life.
- Mercury-free and mercury-safe – Although the terms are frequently confused, they have very different meanings. A mercury-free dental practice won’t put mercury in your mouth. A mercury-safe practice follows strict protocol to protect the patient, dental team, and environment during amalgam removal.
- Individualized care – We recognize that every person has unique needs, which are shaped by factors such as medical history, pre-existing health conditions, nutrition, lifestyle, aesthetic preferences, and more. Treatment plans and recommendations are tailored to the best interests of each patient.
Enjoy the benefits of natural dental care services
Patients at our practice can benefit from a unique array of dental services, designed to keep both mouth and body healthy. These include:
- Nutritional guidance – “You are what you eat.” There is more truth to that statement than you may think. Foods strong in vitamins and anti-oxidants promote a strong and healthy immune system, which benefits every part of your body.
- Dental care for all ages – We provide quality care and valuable guidance through every stage of life, from advising parents with a teething infant to caring for seniors through their golden years. We strive to develop lifelong relationships with our patients.
- Orthodontic treatment – We offer tailored orthodontic solutions for adolescents and adults. Straightening teeth can improve chewing efficiency, and reduce the risk of fracturing.
- Conservative dental restorations – Traditionally, there are essentially two options in dental restoration. Fillings are used for small cavities, and full crowns are placed when fillings aren’t sufficient. We offer both of these common restorations, but we also offer inlays and onlays, which provide in-between options. Inlays and onlays are made of porcelain, making them much stronger and more durable than fillings. However, they do not require extensive tooth preparation as crowns do.
- Emergency dentistry – We are here when you need us, even if you don’t have a pre-scheduled appointment. Our office provides comprehensive emergency care for new and existing patients. We will work to get you out of pain as quickly as possible, and then design a treatment plan for long term relief.
- Cosmetic dentistry –Your smile can significantly impact your social interactions, ability to project a professional appearance, and most importantly, your confidence. Dr. Luu understands the importance of aesthetics, and she ensures that every restoration looks beautiful and natural. She also offers a variety of cosmetic enhancement solutions, such as teeth whitening and porcelain veneers.
It’s time for a different kind of dentistry, from a different kind of dental office. It’s time for Gentle Care Dentistry. Call us at +1 626-466-9596 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Luu.