Improve your smile with cosmetic dental care near you in Glendora
A smile is a wonderful way to connect with others and express emotion. A smile can convey happiness and help make a positive impression. On the other hand, if you have problems with your teeth, your smile may feel like a source of embarrassment or unhappiness. Cosmetic dental procedures go beyond fixing aesthetic problems with your smile. They can restore confidence and self-esteem and allow people to seek new opportunities.
The team at Gentle Care Dentistry near Glendora, CA understands how important a beautiful smile is to our patients. Your smile is an extension of your personality and you want to feel comfortable sharing it with the world. We offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry solutions that can enhance your smile.
The first step on the road to your new smile is a comprehensive consultation. In this appointment, you can share with our team your desires and goals for your smile.
Each smile makeover is unique to the individual, and because of this, the treatment plan will be different for everyone.
Some of the most common procedures performed include:
This is one of the most effective and affordable ways for our patients to dramatically improve the look of their teeth. Dark colored beverages, certain medications, smoking habits, and time can all steal that pearly white luster from your teeth.
What causes tooth discoloration?
- The color of your enamel can be genetic.
- Foods, beverages, and even certain medications change the color of enamel.
- Smoking/tobacco use
- Improper oral hygiene
- Trauma or injury
- Certain types of fillings
- Excessive fluoride use
- Tooth grinding
Teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic dental service because it’s effective and affordable. Professional teeth whitening produces results that are much more pronounced than over the counter methods. Teeth whitening requires no alteration to the teeth and is often the first step before receiving other restorations.
Some key advantages include:
- Stronger whitening agent. Professional teeth whitening uses a whitening solution that is much stronger than other alternatives.
- Proper protection. Under the supervision of a dentist, professional teeth whitening ensures that your gums will be properly protected from the whitening agent.
- Even application. A skilled professional will evenly cover the teeth in the whitening solution to ensure all teeth are exposed to the same amount.
Some patients come to us with multiple imperfections they would like corrected. Issues such as cracked, gapped, or uneven teeth can all be addressed with porcelain veneers. These tooth-colored restorations can restore functionality and appearance to the tooth and are effective at altering shape, spacing, size, and color of the teeth.
Veneers are most commonly used for:
- Damaged Teeth – Teeth that are pitted, cracked, or chipped can be addressed with veneers. These issues can lead to a breakdown of tooth enamel and weakening of the overall tooth structure, eventually causing further damage. Weak, fractured teeth are also more prone to sensitivity. Veneers can provide protection as well as cosmetic improvement for damaged teeth.
- Cosmetic misalignment – Teeth with moderate misalignment issues can be improved with veneers. Once the shells are bonded to the teeth it gives the appearance of a straight, aligned smile. Veneers can also address minor gaps as well as teeth that differ slightly in shape.
- Discoloration – While teeth whitening is the number one choice for discoloration, it doesn’t work for every type of stain. Veneers are a great option for cases in which teeth whitening is simply not a viable option. Because veneers are made of porcelain, they look like natural tooth enamel but have the benefit of being resistant to stains, therefore staying whiter longer.
Caring for your veneers:
- Brush your teeth regularly. Veneers need to be kept clean from food particles and plaque. Teeth can still become decayed with veneers.
- Keep up with routine dental visits. This allows the dentist to check the veneers and identify any potential issues.
- Avoid biting or chewing on hard objects such as ice and hard candy. Chewing on these items can cause your veneers to crack or break.
- Avoid damaging habits such as smoking. They are bad for your overall health as well as the beauty of your smile.
Missing teeth are a common occurrence as we age. Replacing missing teeth is important for the appearance and health of the smile. Dental implants are a permanent solution that replaces the lost tooth root for stability. Implants can be used for single missing teeth and finished with a dental crown or multiple implants can be placed within the arch to support a set of dentures. Implants are titanium rods that are surgically placed into the jawbone and covered with a restoration such as a crown. The implant fuses with the existing bone structure creating a permanent and durable foundation for a restoration.
Benefits of dental implants:
- They act like natural teeth. Dental implants give patients full chewing power and the ability to brush and floss normally.
- They can last a lifetime. While other restorations such as bridges usually only last about 10 years, dental implants integrate with the jawbone and can last for the rest of your life.
- They prevent bone loss. The implant stimulates the jawbone just like a natural tooth root, which prevents deterioration and further tooth loss.
If you are looking for a team that can improve the beauty and health of all your family members’ smiles, look to the team at Gentle Care Dentistry
Dr. Luu and the team are dedicated to offering accessible dental solutions that deliver healthy, beautiful smiles. Successful cosmetic dental services combine years of experience along with an artistic touch to give patients their desired look. Combined, we have decades of experience performing smile makeovers on patients of all ages.
We understand that you have a choice when it comes to dental providers. Our highly trained staff along with a full range of treatments keeps our patients returning year after year. Let us help you keep your teeth vibrant and healthy. If you would like to learn more about our first-class cosmetic dentistry services, please call us today.
A beautiful smile is right around the corner. Call us at 626-498-1766 to learn more about the various cosmetic dentistry options available and to schedule your consultation.